The 2013 IPA will consist of three Prizes, which will be given following the criteria outlined below:
A. The first Prize of USD100’000: This Prize will be awarded to the innovator with the overall best innovation that meets all the following five IPA criteria (listed in alphabetical order) with clear business potentials:
- Marketability: Potential for commercialization and bankability
- Originality: Innovativeness, demonstrated creativity and originality of idea
- Scalability: Scale and scope and whether a reasonable strategy for moving ahead has been made
- Social impact: The socio-economic impacts of the proposed innovation, and how it addresses existing development challenges faced by a community/country or the continent as whole.
- Utility/technical aspects: The technological or scientific significance of the innovation in the particular field and beyond.