Top Tips when applying for the Innovation Prize for Africa (IPA) 2015
IPA judge and entrepreneur offers tips to African innovators who are considering applying for #IPA2015 With 39 days to go, the African Innovation Foundation (AIF) thought it pertinent to give African innovators some insights for their IPA 2015 applications. Ms. Amolo Ngweno, a successful entrepreneur, is the Managing Director of Digital Divide Data Kenya, DDD’s inaugural African venture. She was also the judge of the Innovation Prize for Africa (IPA) 2014 competition. To this end, she encourages her African counterparts to take advantage of this unique opportunity to showcase their innovations to the rest of the world. Here are her tips to make your entry stand out:
- Originality – Is what you are proposing new or different?
- Market reality – Is there a market for your product?The innovation needs to address problems and opportunities facing the African continent. Display knowledge of finances, management and marketing.
- Research – Demonstrate knowledge of competitive analyses and how the innovation compares.
- Impact – How does the innovation improve the lives of Africans?
- Scalability – Can your innovation be replicated and adapted in other African contexts/settings?
Ensure your submission can be categorised into one of the following:
- Environment, energy and water
- Health and wellbeing
- Manufacturing and service industry.
Boost your submission with images and/or audiovisual material e.g. video entries that can enhance the understanding of your innovation. Remember, the deadline is October 31st 2014 and by submitting your entry, you stand a chance to win a share of USD 150 000! Don’t delay, apply nowand represent your country … innovatively!
Don’t forget to follow us on social media!